- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Community Arts Resources (CARS) seeks a highly qualified and energetic Manager of Marketing and Communications to oversee the coordination and implementation of all communications for our client CicLAvia, a Los Angeles based nonprofit.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications, which is a new position, will assist in the development of CicLAvia's overall strategy and implementation plan, in addition to the coordination of CicLAvia's web management, online communications, and social media. This position manages its brand image, helping to streamline and properly communicate key messages that correspond with the organization's mission.
The position will be responsible for earned media placements, advertising, and constant communication to CicLAvia's diversified audience through content for the website, digital channels and collateral materials.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Create and implement campaigns to generate CicLAvia attendance and raise awareness of the program and organization
• Create CicLAvia marketing collateral, in partnership with the CicLAvia graphic designer
• Maintain and track marketing budgets, media plans and marketing calendars
• Manage website, social media channels and develop all communications content
Traditional and Digital Communications
• Act as the point person for all press contacts
• Proactively pitch and secure coverage of CicLAvia storylines in target media outlets
• Develop and produce all press-related events
• Write, proof, edit and distribute press releases, media advisories images and fact sheets
• Manage the coordination and schedule of e-communications for CicLavia's audience; responsible for building and coordinating email blasts/newsletters
• Grow following base on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant social media sites; conduct outreach via these networks on a consistent basis
• Attend CicLAvia events to gather and post compelling content for social media outlets
• Maintain and track marketing budgets, media plans, marketing calendars and efficacy of promotions
• Monitor, report and compile all media coverage of CicLAvia
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field)
• 5-7 years of experience in the communications field
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present information in a variety of formats
• Strong project management skills with ability to multitask under pressure
• Attention to detail and accountability to deadlines
• Media savvy- understands what makes a strong news story
• Established network of Los Angeles and national media contacts
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Pages
• Strong knowledge of social media tools and platforms
• Prior experience in securing editorial coverage. Strong working knowledge of media relations practices in the non-profit world.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of products
• Understanding of Spanish media market
• A keen appreciation and understanding of CicLavia
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and evenings
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, salary history and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Hiring Manager. Please list "Manager of Marketing and Communications" in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
This is an exempt, full-time, contract position with potential for renewal, based on funding.
from LA Culture Net