- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Coordinate two of the Foundation's programs awarding grants and/or other recognition: The Grant Program and the new Music Educator of the Year award program. Additionally, provide support to core education and preservation programs and events as required.
Grant Program Responsibilities (Work closely with the Director on the following):
1. Coordinate the process for soliciting grant applications, receiving, reviewing and monitoring grant applications.
2. Prepare materials for peer review and committee meetings including coordinating communication with peer reviewers and committee members in order to facilitate smooth review process and determination of award recipients (i.e., solicit participation from past reviewers/members).
3. Prepare award letters and paperwork for dissemination of funds.
4. Coordinate marketing of the grant program: developing appropriate targets to solicit applications from (organizations, individuals, websites, conference mailings and/or participation, articles in appropriate trade publications, etc.); creating editorial copy for use on GRAMMY.com and in other publications regarding program generally and specific grant projects.
5. Research potential new reviewers/committee members, etc.
6. Coordinate presentation of grant awards, including media notification, photo ops, and relationship building for grant recipients and local Academy Chapters.
7. Act as point-person for questions about program from potential or existing applicants, etc.
8. Keep current as to trends in grant making as well as specific areas of Foundation's funding.
9. Maintain database and other records of above information.
10. Track projects through to final reports and provide reports, as needed.
Music Educator Award Program Responsibilities (Work closely with Sr. Director and Recording Academy Awards Department staff on the following):
1. Steps 1-9 from above, as tailored for Music Educator Award Process.
2. Coordinate public presentation of Award during GRAMMY week, and potentially in awardee's home community.
• Assist with artist, vendor, Chapter and sponsor relationships.
• Monitor vendor accounts and expenses.
• Database creation and maintenance.
• Adhere to and maintain timelines, production elements and budgets.
• Support for and coordination of planning for events and programs.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3-5 years of experience working for a nonprofit in a grant making, award program or related field with knowledge of budgeting.
• Entertainment industry experience in production, marketing or events a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), FileMaker Pro, Internet research, website content updates and database applications.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion while working under the pressure of tight deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot and take initiative to provide viable solutions to improving systems/operations.
• Must be organized with attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
• Strong people management skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please email your resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
No direct calls.
from LA Culture Net