- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Interactivos?'12 Ljubljana. Obsolete Technologies of the Future International Workshop. Extended deadline: June 20
Medialab-Prado (Madrid), Ljudmila (Ljubjliana) and SGMK (Zurich)
Ljudmila digital media lab
Interactivos?'12 Ljubljana is an international collaborative prototyping workshop for the development of art, science and technology projects.
Extended deadline for submissions:
June 20, 2012
Call for collaborators: from July 2, 2012
Workshop: September 5 -15, 2012
Ljudmila, Digital Medialab of Ljubjliana, in collaboration with SGMK of Zurich and Medialab-Prado are seeking for proposals for an upcoming workshops in collaborative prototyping which will be hold in Ljubljana in space of Ljudmila Media Lab with the participation of advisors and technical assistants.
Ljubljana's edition of the workshop will be dedicated to explorations of Obsolete Technologies of the Future, collaborative prototyping vol. 1, rethinking the qualities of outdated technology and making way for a long-term, sustainable usage of technology in our environment in the decades to come.
Suggested areas of focus include:
* Projects that suggest different usages of existing urban technological infrastructures
* Rethinking outdated technologies and recycling the computer and IT wasteland.
* Projects which allow people to interact with technology to provoke new ways of perceiving the surrounding, the self, the visual, the material, and stimulate aesthetic experience.
* Particular attention will be paid to projects which promote open source communities, collaborative work and collective modes of behavior.
* Playing with data - submissions for works, which connect data forms and physically embody data streams, bridging 'on' and 'off' line worlds.
* Products and services that provide sustainable solutions for our needs, including the use of open data, data mash ups and remixes.
We are seeking proposals for:
* Installations (interactive, responsive, generative)
* Performances (participatory, gesticular, dance)
* Visualisations (moving images, generative, projections, holograms)
* Free Software (FLOSS) / Open Hardware / Open Design / Services / Start-ups / Apps / Devices
The open call is aimed at designers, artists, engineers, coders, sociologists, architects, city planners, teachers, programmers, psychologists, journalists, environmentalists... or to any other person interested in the theme of the workshop.
Complete information and guidelines:
Advisors: Luka Frelih (director of Ljudmila, artist, programmer), Ida Hiršenfelder (art critic, art consultant), Chris Sugrue (artist, programmer) and Yago Torroja (hardware, electronics)
This workshop is part of Studiolab, a 3-year Europe-wide initiative that merges the artist's studio with the research lab. Funded by the EC Seventh Framework Programme in 2011, Studiolab is a European network that provides a platform for creative projects that bridge divides between science, art and design.