- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Lineage Performing Arts Center Events Coordinator
Lineage Dance and the Lineage Performing Arts Center (LPAC) seek an
energetic and dynamic part-time Events Coordinator. Since May 2010, the
Lineage Performing Arts Center has become a popular arts and culture
destination in Old Pasadena, offering visual arts exhibitions, dance, music
and theatre performances, benefit concerts and special events. Designed as a
community hub for the arts, the Lineage Performing Arts Center is operated
by Lineage Dance, dedicated to raising support and awareness for nonprofit
organizations, and to making the arts accessible to all.
The Events Coordinator schedules and oversees visual and performing arts
events at the Lineage Performing Arts Center. This position is responsible
for developing new contacts and arranging various aspects of rental events
such as set-up, technical requirements, promotion and public relations.
Events Coordinator is required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order
to manage and attend evening and weekend events.
Examples of Duties:
1) Seek out and promote new event bookings for LPAC
2) Meet with interested parties to confirm and book events
3) Supervise events
4) Follow up on events
* Seek out and promote new event bookings at LPAC
* Prepare all event contracts after meeting with the organizational rep
ahead of the event to determine all technical and staffing needs (as show
* Provides assistance and information to staff and outside organizations
regarding facility use and capabilities. Maintains contact with clients via
telephone, email or written correspondence.
* Maintain weekly and monthly facility activities calendar; update calendar
* Maintain inventory, and purchase all needed event supplies including wine,
* Ensure adequate staffing for events and schedule set-up, technical, stage
and other staff accordingly; supervise during events.
* Represent LPAC in public relations/liaison capacity on matters relating to
* Attend events to facilitate operations and responds to emergencies,
problems, etc., ensure all aspects of events are implemented and controlled
according to plans.
* Provide financial oversight, including box office and attendance figures
to supervisors, along with prepared deposits.
* Follow up with organization for evaluation purposes to determine the
successes and challenges.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of scheduling, box office operations and contract
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
* Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
* Skill in organization in order to coordinate several events
* Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree or two years of experience in facility and/or service
administration and coordination; or any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
This is a part-time contract position with flexible hours, approximately
10-12 hours per week.
Contact: Hilary Thomas, Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
from LA Culture Net