- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Part-Time Development Associate
Highways Performance Space is seeking an experienced part-time Development
Associate to provide support in achieving fundraising goals. This position
reports directly to the Executive Director.
Highways (highwaysperformance.org) develops and presents innovative,
socially engaged art that challenges the dominant sexual, psychological and
political paradigms ofcontemporary American society. Our programs explore
relevant social, politicaland artistic issues, promote interactions among
people of diverse cultural identities and foster critical dialogues among
artists and the communities they serve. Highways is an equal opportunity
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Tracking deadlines, preparing documents and support material for the
acquisition ofcorporate, foundation and government grant awards.
- Assisting in the innovation and implementation of fundraising campaigns.
- Processing and tracking donations, gift acknowledgements and revenue
- The scheduling of Box Office Personnel for weekly performance functions.
- Acting as liaison between the Executive Director and various grant
- Engaging, recruiting and supervising an extensive roster of volunteers
for weekly performance functions and office support.
- Negotiating general administrative duties such asdata-entry, filing,
on-line interfaces, the scheduling of meetings and the directing of phone
Qualifications and Competencies Include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask,prioritize, and work well
under pressure to meet multiple competing deadlines
- Strong Mac computer skills and general office experience as well as an
overall interest in non-profit/alternative arts organizations is a must.
- Familiarity with government and regional grant-making, Filemaker Pro and
the Cultural Data Project are a plus.
Compensation: The compensation range for this position is competitive,
depending on qualifications.
ApplicationProcess: Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter,
resume, and list of three references. All submissions should be emailed to
email@example.com with "Development Associate" as the subject
from LA Culture Net