- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Seeking Volunteer Mentors for the Unusual Suspects Theatre Company's performance workshops with middle and high school students in Los Angeles County.
An Unusual Suspects Theatre Company Mentor is the following:
• A physically active performing arts workshop participant who plays theatre games and exercises led by US teaching artist, designed to strengthen youth's listening, critical thinking, cooperative learning and social skills.
• A good behavior and positive attitude model who brings awareness to youth's own behavior, and attitudes.
• A supporter that expresses belief in youth's small and large accomplishments and conveys warmth and care for their ideas and concerns to help build their self-esteem.
• An ambassador of cultural awareness and sensitivity that encourages youth's interaction and experiences with other cultures.
• A leader that sets high expectations and encourages excellence in leadership development.
• A role model providing appropriate and positive behavior to expand the youth's perspective and understanding of what it means to be a man or a woman.
• A Provider of information to help youth acquire additional knowledge in areas that interest them.
Commitment: Once a week for 2-3 hours per week for a performance program of 6-10 weeks long
Dates: January 2013 through June 2013
Locations: Calabasas, South Los Angeles, or Pacoima
Application Process: Interview, Background Check and Fingerprinting
Need: Transportation to and from school site
Contact: Joyce Lee, Senior Program Manager
617 S. Olive Street, Suite 812
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Tel: 213.488.8488 xt. 207 Fax: 213.488.8498
from LA Culture Net