- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks an enthusiastic and highly competent
team player to serve as Communications and Marketing Coordinator. The
position is responsible for coordinating details of key communications and
marketing initiatives, with an emphasis on e-mail campaigns, web content
updates, community outreach, and publicity support. The Communications and
Marketing Coordinator reports to the Marketing Director.
- Plan and execute wide variety of e-mail marketing communications.
Assist in analyzing e-mail campaign effectiveness. Maintain e-lists.
- Assist in planning and executing grassroots outreach to family
audiences; consular, community, and cultural organizations; online
communities and bloggers; colleges and universities; religious
institutions; specialty retail businesses; tourists; the local, national,
and international Jewish community and other ethnic and cultural
communities of Los Angeles, as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing web content for the Skirball's educational,
cultural, and entrepreneurial programs. Proactively identify opportunities
to enhance web content to help drive attendance and stimulate ticket sales.
Also post Skirball exhibitions and programs to online events calendars.
- Participate actively in market research and data collection, including
conducting surveys and audience testing of communications and marketing
- Organize images for communications and marketing use. Interact with
curators, registrars, artist management, agents, photographers, etc. as
necessary to secure usage rights and fully understand restrictions, if any.
- Support media outreach efforts, including sending publicity images,
archiving media clippings, escorting media, updating media contacts
database, distributing press releases and media advisories, and pitching
stories to journalists and bloggers as assigned.
- Help to coordinate details of Noah's Ark Weekend Community Group
program as well as Skirball presence at community-based family festivals
and off-site promotional events.
- Assist as needed in development, production, and delivery of
materials, such as flyers, postcards, signage, posters, and passes/coupons.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Skirball's established
mission and values.
The skills and knowledge described below are typically the result of an
undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a
communications and marketing setting.
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Skirball Cultural Center
mission and philosophy.
- Strong familiarity with communications and marketing concepts and
processes, including advertising, media relations, e-mail marketing,
community relations, and social media.
- Proficiency in using content management system, MailChimp e-mail
marketing software (or equivalent), and Patron Edge ticketing software (or
equivalent) desired. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Excellent
Microsoft Office (including Excel) skills required.
- Knowledge of best practices in e-mail marketing desired.
- Proven success in managing a fast-changing and varied workload and
completing assignments on time. Ability to meet and drive deadlines and
- Positive, professional, be-of-service demeanor. Demonstrated success
at problem-solving independently and collaborating well with others.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, and superior
organizational skills with great attention to detail. Strong reporting and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Please send resume and cover letter, preferably by e-mail, to the address
Human Resources Department
Re: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX: (310) 440-4595
from LA Culture Net