- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Public Art Call for Entries
UrbanArt Commission & MATA
Whitney Ranson, Director of Public Art
3485 Poplar Avenue, Suite 225
Memphis, TN 38111-4633
t +001 (901) 454-0474
Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2012 | 5pm
Budget: $41,000 (for both shelters)
Eligibility: Artists/designers residing in the U.S. Previous public art experience required.
The Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) is commissioning two works of public art in the form of artistic, yet functional, bus stop shelters at existing bus stops in the Binghampton neighborhood. The Urban Art Commission is facilitating the project.
Please upload the following materials to our digital UrbanArt Artist Registry:
1. Résumé with current contact information, not to exceed 2 pages.
2. Images of your work that are relevant to this project and are good representations of your style of work, 20 maximum.
3. Image identification sheet with location, brief description, and project budget.
4. Typed, letter explaining your interest in the project and your general approach/concept to its design and production. NOTE: this should not take the form of a formal design proposal, but rather a description of your methods for producing a design and finished project if selected.
5. List of three professional references, including current phone and email.