- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
CALL FOR ARTISTS: OPEN TO ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ARTISTS
Los Angeles Art Association's Biannual Artist Screening is:
Saturday, January 30,Tuesday, February 2, or Wednesday, February 3, 2010
10:30a to 5p (No appointment necessary).
We invite you to join us for a Pre-screening Orientation on Saturday, January 23, 2010 11a to 12 noon.
Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA) is committed to serving local artists of all media. Gallery 825 on La Cienega Boulevard is the exhibition arm of the organization. At this venue, LAAA hosts a wide variety of group shows, solo shows, lectures, workshops and artist talks. All LAAA exhibition opportunities are juried by regional and national (non-LAAA) art professionals - giving emerging artists access to the highest level decision makers in the art world.
Other LAAA programs include:
· Mentoring opportunities pairing young artists with established artists.
· Ongoing career preparedness and workplace readiness workshops for artists.
· Panel discussions with celebrated artists and art historians.
· Film & Video 825 - Ongoing screenings of local and nationally recognized video artists' work.
· LAAA Artist Sponsorships for economically disadvantaged artists.
· Peer Review Groups - Ongoing artist driven peer- critique groups.
· Public Art Classes - Ongoing studio art classes for beginners and maturing artists.
· Ongoing international cultural exchange opportunities for LAAA artists.
All Artists must live in Southern California
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must bring:
1. Two original pieces of artwork created within the last 3 years.
Rules & Guidelines for submitting artwork are as follows:
· Framed work and work on paper/canvas must be no larger that 5' x 5' in either direction.
· No rolled canvases will be accepted.
· Unframed pieces must be professionally presented in a portfolio, mounted or otherwise protected.
· Sculpture must be no larger than 4' x 4' x 4'.
· Film and video pieces must be submitted on VHS or DVD.
· Installation work must be submitted in the form of documentation (i.e. slides, photo, VHS or DVD), along with a sample/ article from the installation. LAAA will consider all media.
2. Three (3) slides or printouts of additional artwork, properly labeled and submitted in a full page plastic slide sheet. (8"x10" color printouts on photo paper may be submitted in lieu of slides. Video artists may submit 3 additional videos.)
3. An Artist Statement (150 words or less.)
ARTISTS MUST BRING THE ABOVE (3) MATERIALS ALONG WITH A NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE OF $30 ON ONE OF THE 3 MEMBERSHIP SCREENING DATES TO: 825 N. La Cienega Blvd,Los Angeles, CA 90069. Hours are: 10:30a-5:00p
Please make checks payable to LAAA. All work is reviewed by the exhibition committee and guest jurors.
Work will be picked up Friday,2/5 and Saturday, 2/6 , 10:30a to 5pm.
Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will be made in letter form and will be distributed on the day of the pick up (Fri. 2/5/10 and Sat. 2/6/10).
Membership dues for 2010 are $250.More information on membership benefits and services is available on the LAAA website:
www.laaa.org/become/benefits.html For information call 310.652.8272 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
About: Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services and exhibition venues for emerging Los Angeles artists of all media. LAAA began as a civic art institution in the 1920s, connecting elite art interests to Hollywood collectors, emerging after World War II as the center of Los Angeles modernism and finally becoming the city's nexus for emerging artists of all media. LAAA serves as a dynamic force for contemporary ideas, outreach, and community. Gallery 825 and Los Angeles Art Association are located in the heart of La Cienega Boulevard's Restaurant Row at 825 North La Cienega Bl., Los Angeles, CA 90069. Gallery hours are 10am - 5pm, Tuesday - Saturday or by appointment. Please call 310.652.8272 or visit www.laaa.org.